Past conferences with further details (where available) are listed below.
- GHGT-14, Melbourne, Australia, 2018
- GHGT-13, Lausanne, Switzerland, 2016
- GHGT-12, Austin, Texas, USA, 2014
- GHGT-11, Kyoto, Japan, 2012
- GHGT-10, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2010
- GHGT-9, Washington DC, USA, 2008. Conference website. Summary Report (PDF)
- GHGT-8, Trondheim, Norway, 2006
- GHGT-7, Vancouver, Canada, 2004.
- GHGT-6, Kyoto, Japan, 2002.
- GHGT-5, Cairns, Australia, 2000.
- GHGT-4, Interlaken, Switzerland 1998.
The Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies (GHGT) conference series was formed in 1997 following the merger of the earlier series of ICCDR and the Greenhouse Gas: Mitigation options conference. The IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D programme (IEAGHG) is the guardian of the conference series. The GHGT conferences are held every two years in IEAGHG’s member countries. The conference series rotates between, North America, Europe and Asia.
The confernce series has grown considerably since is beginnings in 1998, with 530 delegates from 49 countries attending to witness 170 oral presentations over 4 parallel sessions and 90 posters. GHGT-9 in Washington saw 236 oral presentations over six parallel sessions and 395 posters with 1600 attendees, GHGT-10 will expand once again to seven parallel sessions to reflect the continuing growth in the CCS industry.