The last visit to Australia for a GHGT conference was to Cairns, Queensland, back in 2000. This conference in 2000 saw just 380 delegates from 35 countries, which is a vast difference to the 1000+ delegates we had attend GHGT-14 in Melbourne between 22nd - 26th October 2018. IEAGHG must also thank our hosts, Anlec R&D, the Australian Government (Department of Industry, Innovation and Science), CSIRO and CO2CRC for helping us put together such a great conference.
Monday 22nd October 2018
- Richard Bolt (Secretary at Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources - Victorian Government) - "Victoria = Energy Transformation and Climate Change Leadership"
- James Johnson (CEO, Geoscience Australia Representing the Australian Government) - "Welcome Address"
- Jérôme Schmitt (OGCI Executive Committee) - "Oil and Gas Climate Initiative - Be a catalyst on circular carbon"
- Laszlo Varro (International Energy Agency) - "Innovation for the clean energy transition"
- Thelma Krug (Vice Chair of IPCC) - "Global Warming of 1.5°C"
Tuesday 23rd October 2018
- Bill Brown (CEO NetPower) - "NETPower and Beyond"
- Hirofumi Aizawa (Japan MOE) - "Overview of Japan's CCS Policy and New Project"
- Steve Winberg (Assistant Secretary for Fossil Energy, US DOE) - "CCUS Developments in the USA"
Wednesday 24th October 2018
- Mick Buffier (Glencore) - "Status Update of Glencore's CTSCo Surat Basin CCS Project"
- Frank Morten (Southern Company) - "Status of Technology Development at the National Carbon Capture Centre"
- Wei Chang (NICE) Presented by Anthong Ku "Working Towards Commercially Viable CCUS in China"
Thursday 25th October 2018
- Eiichi Harada (KHI) - "Hydrogen Energy Supply Chain Project in Collaboration with CarbonNet Project"
- Richard Bolt (Victorian Government) - "CCS through CarbonNet: Enabling Energy and Industry Transformation"